Saturday, April 12, 2014

Seasons

Just like my spirit, 
seasons come and then they go. 
I try and satisfy myself with earthly desires, 
but they only leave me with a tongue on fire.
The Lord has led me into the desert, 
and slayed me with thirst. 
The devil blinded me with lies,
and I could not see God loving me through my hurt. 

Laying on that desert sand,
I called out to God,
and He extended me his hand.
In that moment I felt the rain,
pouring like He had open floodgates.
These April showers harvest the pleasant of flowers,
but even the grass withers,
and the flowers fall.

But, I do not fear the winter storms.
Because my sins were like scarlet,
they were washed white as snow.

The Lord says to me, 
"Awake, oh sleeper, 
arise from the dead!
Oh little faith ye possess,
like the people of Israel,
you have forgotten you're blessed."

I awoke and like a blind man seeing for the first time,
God had healed me of spiritual blindness.
He had melted my heart of stone, 
and replaced it with His compassion.

Though months from now,
the leaves will exchange from green,
I will not forget His promises.
Ask and you shall receive.
So I plead for a spirit
that does not fall and wither like leaves.

Oh my spirit,
don't be so naive, 
seasons come and then they go,
but our God never leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment